What happens if I forget to feed them or go on a holiday?
1. What happens if I forget to feed them or go on a holiday?
- Mealworms can live for several weeks without feeding.
- However, mind that this is a stressful situation for your mealworms and they won’t be growing at the same speed as they would with normal feeding.
- If you go on a holiday, treat your Hive like an aquarium- have your neighbor come by once a week at least to check if it’s all alright.
- Another option is to put your worms and beetles in the fridge at about 8°C. They will fall asleep (hibernate) and wake up even after several weeks.
- Eggs, Babies, and Pupae can be more sensitive to this.