How do I clean the dead beetles and pupae?
1. How do I clean the dead pupae and beetles?
- 1st: Clean dead pupae
- carefully remove the pupae tower by sliding the tower upward 1 corner at a time
- use a spoon to collect live pupae and transfer to a clean container
- dump all the dead pupae away
- 2nd: Clean dead beetles
- remove any dried fruit/vegetables by hand/utensils
- tilt the tray so that the dead beetles will be collected at a corner (live beetles will grasp on the surface)
- use a spoon (preferably) to remove dead beetles
- 3rd: Reassemble pupae tower and return pupae back on top of pupae tower